-----Sign on Bonus Available! RN $3000 LPN $2000-----
Organizes care needs, assigns appropriate staff, monitors care delivered and evaluates job performance, to ensure the residents receive quality nursing care for the assigned shift. Organizes, coordinates and supervises the overall activities of units. Provides direct care to residents as scheduled including medication pass on cart assignment. Will be required to take nursing calls.
A. Coordinates nursing activities during shift.
9. Conveys results of rounds to nursing staff and provides guidance and direction.
10.Serves as Charge Nurse as scheduled.
B. Provides direct care to residents.
1. Administers medications and/or treatments for residents on unit, adhering to facility policies and procedures and skill level of personnel.
2. Implements restorative nursing measure, correct aseptic techniques, and other infection control measures when providing nursing care.
3. Is accountable for all care and treatment provided for an assigned group of residents.
C. Monitors quality of resident care.
1. Assesses resident care, care plan goals, current status and behavior.
2. Follows the status and progress of decubitus ulcers.
3. Assists and follows up on monthly medication regime reviews, noting documentation response to medication regimes.
4. Conducts assessment of residents with deteriorating conditions to assure appropriate interventions are initiated.
5. Examines skin reports.
6. Supervises initiation of infection reports.
7. Observes staff adherence to resident rights policies.
D. Orients, develops and evaluates, QMA and CNA.
1. Assists in the orientation of new unit supervisory nurses, QMA and CNA on their assigned shift.
2. Conducts probationary and annual evaluations of all CNA’s on assigned shift upon request from nursing management staff.
3. Conducts disciplinary action when applicable.
4. Observes care being given including physical, psychological and rehabilitative aspects.
5. Encourages and promotes professional development of nursing employees.
E. Functions as a member of nursing administration.
1. Keeps the Director of Nursing apprised of staff concerns, resident conditions, complaints or environmental concerns promptly.
2. Knows and supports facility and nursing policies and procedures.
3. Refers to and uses state and federal regulations to ensure compliance in all nursing units.
4. Participates in development, review and revision of policies and procedures.
5. Provides suggestions and alternatives to improve operation of nursing units and provision of resident care.
6. Assures shift has adequate inventory of nursing supplies, linen, and equipment to provide services.
F. Maintains professional competence.
1. Keeps abreast of developments in the field of geriatrics, gerontologic nursing, long-term care, and professional issues related to supervision in the long-term care setting.
2. Identifies and attends continuing education offerings which enhance the management role in the long-term care setting.
3. Attends and participates in facility meetings, staff development program and all mandatory in-services.
4. Presents a positive, professional image.Apply Now