Director of Maintenance and Environmental Services | Maintenance
Location: The Village at Kendallville
Hours: Full Time: Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm
Lutheran Life Villages is looking for qualified applicants to join our Kendallville Campus as our Director of Maintenance and Environmental Services. Candidates who are organized, task driven, and have the service with a smile attitude should apply today and join northern Indiana's Premier nursing communities.
The Director of Maintenance and Environmental Services with Lutheran Life Villages would be responsible for all aspects of the Maintenance and Environmental Services Departments including maintenance of the building, laundry, housekeeping, grounds, and construction. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable in state and federal regulations and procedures, Life Safety Codes, Building Codes, testing of relevant systems and equipment, as well as the ability to lead a department and appropriately interact with residents of the community.
Lutheran Life Villages is a non-profit, senior living facility. We are innovative, involved with the community, and are committed to the development and engagement of our employees. We serve our residents, their caregivers, and our employees with compassion and respect for independence, wellness, and spiritual life.
At Lutheran Life Villages you will enjoy a welcoming and friendly environment, paid time off, campus events, and supportive leadership. You will have access to health insurance and many work perk options. We will also encourage you to prepare for retirement by offering an employer match for your 403(b). Best of all, you will get to work with many amazing people who value and live by our mission and life values, and you will get to be part of our great story and family!
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree in Supervision, Business Administration, or Environmental Services, Trade School certificate, certified as an Executive Housekeeper or Trade School certificate or Project Management certificate preferred.
- Requires proven excellent project management experience with the ability to multi-task. Must have at least five (5) years experience performing a variety of maintenance activities; including a minimum of three (3) years directing staff, budgets, grounds and projects. Must have previous experience in a commercial laundry and housekeeping role with knowledge of cleaning products, materials and equipment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and provide excellent customer service. Prefer a candidate with experience in a healthcare or large campus environment.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret blue prints, equipment manuals, and building specification manuals; (i.e. building codes and Fire Safety codes)
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, heating and grounds keeping.
- Has the ability to plan, direct, coordinate, and implement overall maintenance and fire prevention.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and equipment associated with carpentry, plumbing, grounds keeping and electrical work.