SIGN-ON BONUS RN $3000 LPN $2000
Organizes care needs, assigns appropriate staff, monitors care delivered and evaluates job performance, to ensure the residents receive quality nursing care for the assigned shift. Provides direct resident care as needed.
A. Coordinates nursing activities during shift.
1. Receives report of residents with acute medical conditions, deteriorating status, infections, and other situations requiring close monitoring.
2. Determines availability and appropriateness of staff for assigned units based on specific resident conditions on each unit.
3. Handles necessary staff adjustments or requests replacement staff as necessary for current and next shift.
4. Assigns specific responsibilities to unit charge nurse, CNA and QMA.
5. Monitors written assignments to ensure unit supervisor is designated and nursing assistants have complete resident assignments, plus additional duties as indicated.
6. Provides nursing consultation to assist in the care of specific residents; makes physician calls as necessary.
7. Monitors documentation of all medical records completed by nursing staff on second shift.
8. Coordinates work activities with other shift nursing management to ensure 24-hour continuity of care.
9. Personally monitors and assists with non-daily routine nursing activities such as: admissions, transfers, emergencies, etc.
10. Conducts goal directed rounds in resident care areas using quality assurance tools.
a. Monitors general resident appearance, positioning, restorative measures.
b. Monitors adherence to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
c. Monitors effectiveness of unit charge nurses.
d. Monitors environment for sanitary and safety standards.
e. Monitors delivery of resident care.
11. Conveys results of rounds to nursing staff and provides guidance and direction.
12. Serves as Unit Charge Nurse as needed.Apply Now