Director of Maintenance & Environmental Services | Environmental Services
Location: The Village at Kendallville
Hours: Full Time, Monday-Friday Days 8am-5pm
The Director of Maintenance and Environmental Services is responsible for all aspects of the Maintenance and Environmental Services Departments including maintenance of the buildings, laundry, housekeeping, grounds and construction. The Director of Maintenance and Environmental Services supervises, directs and coordinates all activities of workers engaged in operating the buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition, maintaining and repairing equipment and the physical structures of the buildings and all campus grounds.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree in Supervision, Business Administration, or Environmental Services, Trade School certificate, certified as an Executive Housekeeper or Trade School certificate or Project Management certificate preferred.
- Requires proven excellent project management experience with the ability to multi-task. Must have at least five (5) years experience performing a variety of maintenance activities; including a minimum of three (3) years directing staff, budgets, grounds and projects. Must have previous experience in a commercial laundry and housekeeping role with knowledge of cleaning products, materials and equipment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and provide excellent customer service. Prefer a candidate with experience in a healthcare or large campus environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret blue prints, equipment manuals, and building specification manuals; (i.e. building codes and Fire Safety codes)
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, heating and grounds keeping.
- Has the ability to plan, direct, coordinate, and implement overall maintenance and fire prevention.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and equipment associated with carpentry, plumbing, grounds keeping and electrical work.