Director of Development | Corporate
Hours: Monday-Friday Days 8a-5p; may work some evenings and weekends for events.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing, planning, directing and organizing all fundraising functions for the organization. In general he/she shall provide leadership and support for the vision and planning of the fundraising process by planning and developing fundraising strategies, planning direct appeals and events, and building relationships with potential donors. Additionally, the person is responsible for reporting and analyzing all relevant data for the fundraising process and participating in fundraising associations to benchmark best practices in the fundraising process.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field with at least 3 years of fundraising. They should also have fundraising CRM, annual fund, grant-writing, and event management experience. We would also look for someone with an AFP or other Fundraising certification and accounting/finance experience but is not required.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and strengths:
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Progressive customer-centered human relations skills
- A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized development plan.
- Comfortable spending time with different private and public sector funders.
- Results-oriented, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through.
- A team player, who values and models working collaboratively; a hard worker with a high energy level; a leader who also has the ability to share credit with others and put others forward when that is what is best.
- A "doer" who will work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the internal day-to-day, to the highly creative, external and visible.
- An energetic, alert, creative and hardworking person; able to take immediate action when needed, recognize and exploit success and triage failure when necessary.